Nuchos cheese sauce
Smooth creamy satisfying cheesy sauce made with nutritional yeast. Ideal for macaroni cheese, cauliflower cheese or wherever a cheesy sauce is required
- Vegetable Oil (I like to use olive oil) 60ml or about 3 tbsp
- Plain flour 60g or just over 2oz
- Unsweetened, unflavoured almond milk or hazelnut milk is also good 400ml 2/3 of a pint
- Nutritional Yeast 60g or just over 2oz
- Mustard powder 1 tsp
- Garlic Powder 1/4 tsp
- Onion Powder 1/4 tsp
- Salt 1/4 tsp
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a pan on a medium heat and add the plain flour
- Stir until the mixture makes smooth paste which doesn't stick to the pan
- Cook the mixture for at least 2 minutes
- Add about a quarter of the almond milk and allow to boil without stirring
- Stir the mixture until it is smooth, then beat fast (I do use a small hand whisk here if required)
- Keep adding the almond milk a little at a time, beating vigorously until you have a smooth white sauce.
- Turn down the heat to low and add the remaining ingredients
- Beat slowly for about a minute until smooth and silky
- Pour over cooked macaroni or cauliflower and bake.
Nuchos cheese sauceSmooth creamy satisfying cheesy sauce made with nutritional yeast. Ideal for macaroni cheese, cauliflower cheese or wherever a cheesy sauce is required See recipe
Vegan PestoDairy free, great on pasta, sandwiches or as a topping to enhance your favourite food. See recipe
There are no products in the cart!