Gluten powder (also known as vital wheat gluten or wheat gluten) is a versatile baking ingredient, which is made from almost pure gluten.
Although gluten flour is not technically a flour, it is made from wheat flour which is hydrated to activate the gluten and then processed to remove everything but the gluten.
As vital wheat gluten is so high is gluten, it is added to baking recipes to improve elasticity of the dough and aids the rising process. It is often recommended that gluten powder is added with low protein flours, like wheat or rye which do not produce much gluten. It can also be added to recipes where there is a lot of added extra like seeds, nuts and dried fruits.
- Gluten powder is a versatile baking ingredient
- Specially milled wheat flour which is high in gluten and low in starch
- Flour is used in combination with other flours in specialty breads where a strong structure is needed
- Concentrated protein that possesses a special visco-elastic property
- Can also be used to make a vegetarian meat substitute known as seitan
This Product contains Gluten and is packed on premises that handles nuts (including peanuts), seeds, cereals, soya.