Dairy free, great on pasta, sandwiches or as a topping to enhance your favourite food.
- Fresh basil 50g
- Walnuts or pine nuts 65g
- Cloves garlic, roughly chopped (to taste) 1 or 2
- Extra-virgin olive oil 110g
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Lemon juice 1 tablespoon
- Nutritional yeast 3 tablespoons
- Place the basil, walnuts or pine nuts, and garlic in a food processor fitted with the S blade.
- Pulse to combine, until the mixture is coarsely ground.
- Turn the motor on to a low speed and drizzle the olive oil in a thin stream.
- Add the sea salt, pepper, lemon, and nutritional yeast, and pulse a few more times to combine.